I was a bit nervous of this week’s challenge because I don’t wear skirts particularly and, as I wanted to make something I would wear I had to go down the jacket route. I also thought I had a LOT of demin as I had been saving all my old jeans, but when I went to my stash I remembered I’d cut 85% of it into tea plate sized circles for patchwork…
Ah well. Working with the one pair of denim jeans and the black/teal corduroys I had plus some fabric left over from cutting a sale buy Monsoon dress into a top, I used a 1970’s safari jacket pattern for the basic cutting out of pieces. I was pleased to get all the bits I needed from the fabric I had – achieved mainly because I decided to shorten the jacket and leave the sleeves off!
I put it together and discovered it was far too boxy for me, so spent a considerable amount of time adjusting, darting, recutting armholes and basically fitting it to me.
I have some hand sewing to do still and I’m considering what to put on the front – can’t decide whether to put buttons on, add some bling in place of buttons or leave it plain. I also think that it really needs lining to cover up all the adjustments inside, but other than that I’m pleased with it 😀